Classic lasagna is a perfect and ideal meal for a family dinner. A big bowl of cheesy and sweet flavours with layers of beef mince, tomato sauce, cheese sauce and wide, flat-shaped pasta sheets just in 1.5 hours. This easy handy weeknight dinner does not require any specific equipments or ingredients, everything can be found in the supermarket.
Ingredients: (6 Servings)
Lasagna sheets 9 sheets
Ground beef 500 g
Tomatos (crushed, canned) 800g
Garlic 1 clove
Oregano (I used dried) 1 tbs
Milk 550 ml
Flour 45 g
Butter 55 g
Parmesan cheese (grated) 70 g
Cheddar cheese (ready-grated) 80g
Mozzarella (ready-grated) 80g
Salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the onion and carrots. Minced the garlic.
- Heat some olive oil into a large frying pan and saute onions, carrots and garlic. Then stir in the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer covered over medium heart for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir in the oregano.
- On the other hand, preheat the oven to 180 – 200 degrees and prepare the white sauce (bechamel sauce).
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add flour. Saute and stir constantly to form a roux.
- Add the milk and keep stirring till liquify (i.e. no roux). Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of the baking tray with a layer of meat sauce. Top with lasagna sheets, white sauce and cheese. Repeat the steps till ingredients are used up. Finished off with white sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and bake for approximated 30 – 40 minutes on the middle rack till golden.