Smokey smokey. Summer time always remind me the fun moment when family and friends come to my house and have BBQ together. This chicken breast recipe is one of the most popular food and everyone a must eat food during the party. So today I am going to share this out and you all can try it on during barbecue. Alternative, you can use a grill pan to grill it.
To ensure the chicken breasts are not dried out, I usually cover with a lid during the time I grill. It can also save you a lot of cooking time if you have a large amount of guests to serve.
- To avoid the Serrano ham fall apart and unable to wrap the chicken breast properly, use a toothpick to steal the chicken breast and ham to ensure the ham is well-covered the chicken. Remove the toothpick once it is cooked, and now you are ready to serve.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 slices of Serrano hams
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, slices it into half
- 2 tbps of green pesto
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Horizontally cut each chicken breast. Do not cut it into half but a “pocket” as we need to stuff the ingredients into it.
- Seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stuffed the cheese and sun dried tomatoes into the pocket.
- Spread 1 tbp of green pesto on each slice of serrano ham. Place each stuffed chicken breast on each sliced ham and wrap it.
- Heat up the grill pan over a medium heat. Once it is heated up, place the chicken breasts on the grill pan and grill each side for about 6-8 minutes or till it is fully cooked. If you have a lid, feel free to cover it to make sure it is fully cooked before you serve and it can speed up the cooking time. Enjoy!