This oats pot is one of my favourite choice of “breakfast on the go”. It is simple and healthy, and you can prepare it a night before you go to sleep. Just add all the ingredients, jumbo oats, liquid of your choice (I would suggest to use milk, soya milk and almond milk), berries (change to other fruits or even nuts if you are not a big fans of berries), chia seeds, and natural yogurt in a portable pot, and shake or mix well. Place it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, take it out and topped some fruits and nuts of your choices, may be drizzle with a little honey (if using), and a lid of course. Definitely the good way to start off the day.
- You can use porridge oats instead of jumbo oats. However, jumbo oat can give you an extra chewy texture to enhance the whole texture of the pot. It is entirely up to you to choose which type of oats you are going to use.
- If you don’t like the soaked oats to become too watery/ glue-chewy texture, reduce the amount to 170ml instead of 200ml. I personally don’t like my soaked oats being over sticky and sweet, so I normally use 200ml of unsweetened soya milk or unsweetened almond milk.
Ingredients (serve 1)
- 1 tbsp of Chia seeds
- 40g Jumbo oat
- 1 cup of Berries – alternative, fruit of your choice
- 200ml of Milk/ almond milk/ soya milk
- 1 tbsp of Honey – optional (add if you prefer sweet flavour)
- 3tbsp of Natural yogurt/ Greek yogurt
- Washed up all the fruits and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients in a pot, then mix well. Cover theft with clingfilm/ lid and leave in the fridge overnight to soak and swell. Enjoy!