I always lost my appetite when the weather is too hot during the summer time. And the way to gain my appetite back, I have created this tomato udon. I chose the tomato as the soup based because first, tomato is one of the low-carb and low-calorie vegetable. Second, its sourness and sweetness tastes always bring me the appetite to eat. As the matter of fact that tomato is the perfect food for me to cut down my calorie to gain my bikini body back. And the combination of the chewy low-calorie udon with the tomato soup is now become one of my diet food during the summer. More importantly, this is vegetarian-friendly. Just simply replace the chicken stock to vegetable stock.
- I highly recommended to use frozen udon or fresh udon. Their chewy texture are way better than dried package udon. Frozen udon noodles are easily to buy in most Asian and Japanese supermarkets.
Ingredients: (Serve 2)
- A can of chopped tomato (400g)
- 2 udon
- 2 bay leaves
- 750ml of stock (vegetable stock for vegetarian)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- White sesame
- Green onion
- Pickle daikon
- Pour the chopped tomato and stock in a pot, heat the pot to medium heat.
- Add the bay leave and soy sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- Add the udon and cook-welled according to the package.
- Place the udon at the bottom of a bowl, then add the soup on top and the toppings. Enjoys.