UFO fried rice is basically kimchi fried rice covered with mozzarella cheese and surrounded with running half-cooked eggs. It’s named UFO fried rice because of the dish platting looks like an UFO. This kimchi fried rice is slightly spicy, don’t worry it’s not like super spicy since I only added 1 tablespoon of Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste). But of course, if you are spicy food lover, theres nothing bad by adding a little bit more.
A spoon of kimchi fried rice and a spoon of running eggs, it totally balances the spicy flavor. It’s real good and it’s super addicted! I can’t stop myself from eating this!!!!
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Kimchi juice
- 1/2 cup Kimchi (sliced to bite size)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 cups Bean sprouts
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (optional)
- 250g/ 1 bowl Cooked rice
- Shredded Seaweeds
- Green onions
- Heat a frying pan over middle heat, add the sesame oil, diced onion and bean sprouts to the pan. Cooked until it’s wilt.
- Add the kimchi and rice to cook for 30 seconds.
- Seasoning the fried rice by adding spicy paste, sugar, and kimchi juice. Once the fried rice is fully cooked, remove from the heat. Transfer the fried rice to a rice bowl and give a little bit of pressure to the rice to give out a nice dome shape. Set aside.
- Whisky the eggs, milk and mayonnaise to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat, add the shaped rice in the middle of the pan, genteelly pour the egg mixture around the rice to form an UFO. Top the mozzarella cheese on the fried rice and covered with a lid. Cooked for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are halfway cooked and the cheese is melted. Enjoy.