This high fibre warm salad contains a lot of highly nutrient ingredients such as quinoa, zucchini, yellow pepper, chickpeas, pearl barley, baby spinach, mixed leaves, and feta cheese which is one of my favorite salad for my diet plan. I didn’t add any salad sauce since I personally don’t like adding sauces to my salad, and I found that the salty flavor which contains within feta cheese is enough to season the whole dishes. But for sauce lover, I would recommend to match this salad with French honey mustard sauce, not too heavy not strong.
There’s no trick or special skills you would need to cook this salad. It’s simple and easy and can serve as warm salad or chill it in the refrigerator for a quick-to-serve lunches or dinners.
For the quinoa, I combined the the quinoa with red and black quinoa to colorful the dishes. It is totally okay to use regular quinoa if you can’t find any in your local supermarkets. Additionally, I have added some pearl barley to highlight the dishes by bringing up a chewy texture.
Ingredients: (Serve 1)
- 5 Cubes Feta cheese
- 2 Cups Baby spinach
- 1 Cup Italian salad leaves
- 1/2 Cup Cooked quinoa
- 1/4 Cooked pearl barley
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas
- 1/4 Cup Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Yellow pepper
- 50ml Honey and mustard dressing/ A bit of extra olive oil and salt and pepper (optional)
- Layered the washed Italian salad leaves on a serving plate. Topped with half of the cooked quinoa.
- Layered the baby spinach on top and sprinkles the remaining quinoa.
- Sprinkles the pearl barley, chickpeas, zucchini, and yellow pepper.
- Finally, break the feta cheese with bare hands and sprinkles it on top of the salad.
- Serve as warm or cold with or without dressing, enjoy.